Archive of August 2005
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Well, it was six months ago that I discussed Hunter S. Thompson blowing his brains out. And last Saturday night he got his final wish…to have his ashes blasted out of a cannon. And here you'll find some good pictures of his spectacular departure. August 27, 2005 @ 08:15 am | Category: Brainwork
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! August 25, 2005 @ 12:55 pm | Category: That's Funny!
I've been standing in the rain
I've been to the edge of time
Waiting for sun, so I can really shine
I know there's something coming
I've known it for quite a time
Even though I don't, I still don't know why
I've seen it before
I've seen it come alive
I've seen it at the beginning of time
I'm standing on
Standing on the edge of time
I'm looking in
Looking in from an edged out mind
My body is crying
My mind is dying
And I know the reasons why
It's been distorted, and twisted
It's been torn our of line
It's looking out on an edged out mind
I'm so spuratic
I'm spastically out of control
4/16/1982 August 25, 2005 @ 12:49 pm | Category: Writing
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Hitchhiker) has been released. This release fixes a number of bugs as well as implements a variety of smaller changes.
- Backed out V1.5.0 change that displayed the topic before the entry name on the Index Page.
- The CSS for the Recent Entries, Topics and Other Blogs lists has been updated in the CSS files distributed with PolarBlog. Details about this change can be found in this PolarBlog CSS blog entry.
- Upgrade to MySqlDb class to V1.6.0.
- Upgraded PHPMailer to V1.73. This addresses a potential DOS attack exploit.
- Disabled DB class debug messages which generally don't want enabled.
- Addition of UTF-8 German language translation.
- Addition of French language translation in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 character sets.
- Added DISPLAY_DISABLED text to disabled comments. This is the same as what is done on disabled entries.
- The RSS feed generator has been substantially reworked. Full support for HTTP Conditional GET's has been implemented. It now checks your last updated entry in the database to determine if the feed should be regenerated. It there are no new entries a 304 not changed header is returned. If there are new entries, the RSS expire time is checked. If the expire time has passed then a feed is generated, otherwise a 304 is returned.
- Added "//setlocale(); //see documentation for usage" to the the config.php.dist file's localization section. There have been some users that have needed this to make their localization work properly. Unless you are installing for the first time and your installation is working fine, you can need not worry about this setting.
- As always there were several updates to the docmentation. Most notably, the .htaccess File section of has been updated. You are advised to review this updated section.
- Changed the RSS feed alternate link tag from the text rss20.xml to rss,php the dynamic feed generator. If you are not using the default index.php page, but are rather using your own custom or integrated page, you may want to check/update this setting in the link tag of your installation.
- Removed errorneous colon from German NO_SEARCH_RESULT translation. This was resulting in a double colon because there is already one in the coded output.
- Using TOPIC_ICON_WIDTH was not working properly and failing validation because of a missing space.
- Failing XHTML validator on comments anchor. This has been fixed by wrapping this is in a tag.
- Fixed typo error that was causing space entities ( ) to appear in comment notification emails.
- Edit Comment displays "Display Entry" checkbox was always checked even when the comment was disabled. The display flag on the comment is now respected properly.
- Suppression of Ping-O-Matic! errors when the service is temporarily unavailable.Configuration Changes
This release is named "Hitchhiker" in memory of Douglas Adams. I began work on this release on May 11, the 3rd anniversary of his death. "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish". August 24, 2005 @ 10:37 am | Category: Software DevelopmentMonday, August 22, 2005Thursday, August 18, 2005
Sitting in the park, watching clouds roll by
Not doing nothing, just passing the time
I'm just thinking, thinking about you
I can't stop thinking, I could pass the time with you
Waiting for sunshine of the summertime
I'd like to touch you, if you don't mind
'cause I've been thinking, thinking of you
I hope you don't think, that I'm a toy
Sometimes I'm nothing, but a little boy
(I'm thinking, I'm thinking, Ithinking about you boy!)
'cause I've been thinking, thinking a little more
I just can't stop thinking…
Sometimes my job becomes a chore
All my life — It was such a bore
I'm thinking, thinking about you
4/14/1982 August 18, 2005 @ 12:44 pm | Category: WritingTuesday, August 16, 2005August 16, 2005 @ 07:34 am | Category: Software DevelopmentNext → Page 1 of 2